Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»News»37 inmates regain freedom
News

37 inmates regain freedom

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsOctober 22, 20241 Min Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


The Kano state chief judge, Justice Dije Abdu-Aboki, has ordered the release of 37 inmates from detention at the Goron Dutse and Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kano.

The gesture is part of efforts to decongest custodial centres in the state.

This is contained in a statement by SC Musbahu Kofar-Nasarawa, public relations officer, Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), on Monday in Kano.

He said the inmates had been released based on health grounds and long stay in the custodial facility without trial.

The statement quoted the chief judge as admonishing the released inmates to be of good behaviour and shun acts of misconduct that might initiate them into crimes.

“She gave the freed inmates N10,000 each for transportation,” the statement said.

It also quoted the Controller of Corrections, Kano state command, Ado Inuwa, as commending the gesture for ensuring the release of the inmates based on their long stay and ill health.

(NAN)

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleFG to revise compensation rates for land acquisitions – Minister
Next Article Breaking: Anambra withdraws from suit seeking to declare EFCC illegal

Related Posts

Ondo Assembly aspirant, Oyewale praises Aiyedatiwa over road projects

February 20, 2026

Court remands bizman over alleged N230m scam using Peter Obi’s picture

February 19, 2026

BREAKING: Rivers Assembly stops Fubara, Deputy’s impeachment move after Tinubu’s intervention

February 19, 2026

Canada revamps express entry, unveils fresh categories for foreign professionals

February 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.