Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»NSCDC pays over ₦1bn compensation to families of fallen, injured officers — CG
Crime and Security

NSCDC pays over ₦1bn compensation to families of fallen, injured officers — CG

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsOctober 28, 20253 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has disbursed over ₦1 billion in compensation to families of personnel who died or sustained injuries in the line of duty within the last two years.

The Commandant General of the Corps, Prof. Ahmed Abubakar Audi, disclosed this on Monday during an operational visit to the NSCDC command in Ondo State.

Audi said the payment, made through the government’s insurance benefit scheme, was based on rank and formed part of efforts to improve the welfare of personnel involved in operational activities across the country.

He said that the compensation covered both officers who lost their lives and those who suffered severe injuries, including amputations.

According to him, “So far, within the period of two years, the government has paid over ₦1 billion to our staff who were either killed or injured during operational activities nationwide.

“Some we lost, while others were injured to the extent that one or two of their limbs were amputated.”

The NSCDC boss explained that the government approved the funds to compensate affected personnel and the next of kin of those who died in service.

“Even last month, we paid certain staff who were shot during operations, and many of them are from the North-East region. Some of those who had limbs amputated—either arms or legs—were provided with artificial limbs,” he said.

Audi attributed most of the casualties to ambush attacks on NSCDC operatives but assured that new operational strategies had been developed to minimize risks.

He said, “If you trace the antecedents of ambushes worldwide, they always record some casualties.

However, we have now developed strategies on how to manage such incidents, and when we find ourselves in an ambush, we know what to do.”

He commended President Bola Tinubu and the Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, for supporting the welfare initiative, noting that the gesture would motivate officers to remain committed to national service.

Audi also said he had visited 29 state commands across the country to interact directly with officers and address their concerns.

He explained that his visit to the Ondo command was to encourage personnel and assure them that the government remained committed to their welfare.

“The visit is to encourage our personnel not to lose hope in providing security and safety for critical national assets and infrastructure,” he said. “I feel grieved whenever we lose personnel, and my presence here is to reassure them that the government will not deprive them of their entitlements.”

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleEkiti Court sentences three to death for robbing 87-year-old woman
Next Article BREAKING: Tinubu seeks senate approval for new military chiefs

Related Posts

Nigerian University student survives on liquid meals for 21 years

February 22, 2026

Backlash trails Peller, Carter Efe over car vandalism caught on live video

February 22, 2026

Rwanda Police caution Nigerian content creator over roadside filming

February 22, 2026

Woman arrested with fake pregnancy, as NDLEA nabs real estate CEO over drug trafficking

February 22, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.