Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»₦11bn traced to detained colonel linked to alleged coup plot
Crime and Security

₦11bn traced to detained colonel linked to alleged coup plot

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsNovember 2, 20252 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Military intelligence operatives have uncovered about ₦11 billion in the bank accounts of a colonel currently in detention over an alleged coup plot involving some senior officers.

According to PUNCH, top security sources confirmed that the discovery strengthened the suspicion that the detained officer was connected to the plot said to have been in the works since last year.

According to a source, the colonel, who once served under a brigadier general now also being investigated, was previously deployed to the Niger Delta region.

“When questioned, he claimed the money belonged to a former governor, whom he described as his business partner,” the source said.

“He insisted the funds were for legitimate business transactions.”

Investigations into the matter, it was gathered, form part of a broader security probe that began after intelligence reports in August 2024 indicated that a group of serving officers was plotting to overthrow the government.

Sources said the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) had been monitoring the suspects’ communications, financial transactions, and foreign contacts for several months before any arrests were made.

“The suspects had been under surveillance since August 2024,” one senior officer said.

“They planned to strike on three occasions — including June 12 and October 1 — but the DIA quietly gathered evidence before moving in.

They even held meetings in the United Kingdom and Turkey.”

The heightened intelligence activities reportedly prompted adjustments to President Bola Tinubu’s movement earlier in the year.

“There was credible intelligence that the coup would be executed on October 1,” another source said. “That was part of the reason the Independence Day parade was cancelled. The security services were already steps ahead of the plotters.”

Last Friday, President Tinubu announced the removal of all service chiefs and appointed new ones in a sweeping shake-up of the military hierarchy.

Sources said the dismissal of former Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Christopher Musa, was partly linked to the Defence Headquarters’ public confirmation of the arrest of 16 officers — a disclosure described by top officials as a “management error.”

“The information about the arrests should never have been made public,” a senior source said.

“It was considered a breach of protocol and could have been misinterpreted internationally.

“That disclosure accelerated the decision to replace the service chiefs.”

The mass dismissal, according to insiders, was intended to prevent speculation that Gen. Musa was being singled out for disciplinary reasons.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticlePolice prosecute masquerade, group leader for assault, extortion
Next Article Police arrest two suspected motorcycle thieves in Bauchi

Related Posts

Nigerian woman dies hours after arriving UK for son’s graduation

February 19, 2026

Soldiers allegedly shoot student returning from burial escort

February 19, 2026

ICPC detains El-Rufai after EFCC grants release

February 19, 2026

Monarch awaiting official govt recognition dies

February 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.