Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Coup controversy: Sylva’s brother, driver still in detention
Crime and Security

Coup controversy: Sylva’s brother, driver still in detention

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsNovember 3, 20253 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Two persons arrested during a military raid on the Abuja residence of former Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, remain in custody more than a week after the operation.

The detainees — identified as Sylva’s younger brother, Paga, who serves as his Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, and his driver — were picked up on October 25, 2025, when security operatives stormed the former minister’s home in the Federal Capital Territory.

Sylva, a former Bayelsa State governor and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was reportedly out of the country at the time of the raid.

Sources said he suspended his planned return to Nigeria after learning of the arrests linked to an alleged coup plot involving some senior military officers.

His Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Julius Bokoru, who confirmed the continued detention of the two aides on Sunday, said they had not been released as of Saturday night.

“Not that I know of. As of last night, they had not been released.

I would have known if they were released,” Bokoru told The Nation.

He added that lawyers were already handling the matter, maintaining that nothing incriminating was found at Sylva’s residence.

Bokoru had earlier described the raid as unwarranted, accusing some political figures of sponsoring smear campaigns against his principal out of fear of his political influence.

The Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Tukur Gusau, had earlier confirmed that 16 officers were being detained over alleged breaches of military regulations and acts of indiscipline.

However, reports claimed the officers, whose ranks range from Captain to Brigadier-General, were being held by the Defence Intelligence Agency for alleged involvement in a plot to overthrow the government.

Meanwhile, Niger Delta stakeholders, including former agitators, have cautioned against what they termed a smear campaign targeted at the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Dr. Samuel Ogbuku — a former aide to Sylva.

The group, under the aegis of the Critical Ex-Agitators Stakeholders Coalition, made the call after an emergency meeting in Port Harcourt on Sunday.

Speaking after the meeting, the group’s spokesman, Nature Kieghe, urged leaders and traditional rulers in the region to rally round Ogbuku, describing him as a reform-minded administrator transforming the commission.

Kieghe said Ogbuku had initiated a needs-based project assessment model to ensure that NDDC’s interventions directly benefited host communities.

He listed the Light Up Niger Delta initiative, the completion of 311 projects across the nine Niger Delta states, and the revival of the NDDC scholarship and youth empowerment schemes among the commission’s recent achievements.

“This is the first time in the history of the NDDC that almost every state has a befitting office complex.

We must rally round this man and support him,” Kieghe said.

He also praised President Bola Tinubu for supporting Ogbuku’s administration and urged continued backing to sustain the commission’s progress.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleTanzania: Hassan claims 98% victory as protests rage, internet blackout persists
Next Article Police arrest two suspected motorcycle thieves in Bauchi

Related Posts

Nigerian woman dies hours after arriving UK for son’s graduation

February 19, 2026

Soldiers allegedly shoot student returning from burial escort

February 19, 2026

ICPC detains El-Rufai after EFCC grants release

February 19, 2026

Monarch awaiting official govt recognition dies

February 19, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.