Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»News»Ondo Begins Disbursement of N350m to over 11,000 Students
News

Ondo Begins Disbursement of N350m to over 11,000 Students

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsNovember 4, 20253 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

In order to ease the financial burden of students and their sponsors, the government of Ondo state has kicked off the disbursement of over three fifty million naira to indigenous students in tertiary institutions across the country.

At the flag-off ceremony in Akure, on Tuesday, Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa said the scheme is a critical instrument in revitalizing education and motivating students to aim higher.

Represented by his deputy, Olayide Adelami, the governor stressed that his administration remains committed to educational advancement and human capital development.

According to him, “The year 2025 has been a remarkable chapter in our educational journey, as our interventions have continued to transform lives, institutions and communities across Ondo state. In this sector alone, our administration has recorded significant strides through various programmes and projects.

“Today’s bursary, scholarship and financial assistance programme being given to 11,358 students, is a demonstration of our government’s deep concern for the welfare of our students.

“We recognise the challenges that many of our students face and through this initiative, we are determined to ensure that no child of Ondo state is denied education due to financial hardship. This is also an intentional policy of our administration in helping to minimise the financial burden of parents towards their children in various tertiary institutions”

He charged the students to uphold the virtues of discipline, integrity and hardwork, reaffirming his administration’s unwavering commitment to building a robust education system that empower and supports every student.

Earlier in her address, Administrative Secretary of the state scholarship board, Funso Omoniyi, said the scheme is divided into five categories; which are scholarship award for outstanding students, financial assistance to students in the Nigerian Law Schools, financial assistance to medical students on clinical studies and financial assistance to Physically Challenged students

Remarking, the state commissioner for education, science and technology, Prof. Igbekele Ajibefun, disclosed that the state government has approved and released funds for several interventions, which included payment of WASSCE registration fees.

While appreciating the governor for his commitment to the education sector and students’ welfare, national president of the National Association of Ondo State Students (NAOSS), Temitope Alade, appealed to his fellow students to be of good conduct in their respective institutions.

The event was attended by Secretary to State Government, Dr Taiwo Fasoranti, Ondo State APC Chairman, Engr Ade Adetimehin, Head of Service, Mr Bayo Philip, Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Dr Seun Osemaye and Special Adviser on Health, Prof Simidele Odimayo, among others.

John Paul Akinduro,
Press Secretary to Ondo State Governor
(Office of the Deputy Governor)

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleBREAKING: Rivers market shut as trader stabbed to death in clash with hausa butchers
Next Article Aiyedatiwa reaffirms commitment to security, presents staff of office to new Olu-Oke of Oke-Igbo

Related Posts

Aiyedatiwa commissions more projects to mark first anniversary

February 20, 2026

Aiyedatiwa speaks on impeachment rumour involving Deputy, Adelami

February 20, 2026

Tacha cautions against false rape claims after TikTok controversy

February 20, 2026

Ondo Assembly aspirant, Oyewale praises Aiyedatiwa over road projects

February 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.