Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Parent faults Lagos school over alleged sudden withdrawal of pupils
Crime and Security

Parent faults Lagos school over alleged sudden withdrawal of pupils

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsJanuary 20, 20263 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A Lagos-based parent, Mrs Muibat Owoeye, has accused the management of Troika Multilingual School, located in the Lekki area of the state, of abruptly withdrawing her two children from the school without any stated offence or prior notice.

Owoeye alleged that her children, aged two and six, were removed from the school on Monday, January 12, despite having resumed classes earlier that day and with their school fees fully paid.

The aggrieved parent, who narrated her experience in a post on X on Friday, described the action as shocking and distressing, insisting that neither she nor her children breached any school rule to warrant such a decision.

According to her, she only received a message later in the day informing her that the children had been withdrawn from the school with immediate effect, without any investigation or opportunity for a fair hearing.

She claimed that the development was particularly difficult to explain to the children, who associated the school environment with learning and safety.

Owoeye further alleged that the decision was linked to a disagreement between her and the proprietor of the school, an issue she said had earlier been resolved, including an apology from the school owner.

She argued that children should not be made to suffer the consequences of disputes unrelated to them, stressing that education should never be used as a tool for retaliation.

The parent noted that licensed private schools were expected to operate within established regulatory frameworks that prioritise professionalism, due process and the best interests of the child.

She disclosed that she had petitioned the Lagos State Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education over the matter and had also briefed her lawyers to take steps to protect the rights of her children.

Owoeye said she decided to speak publicly to seek accountability and to prevent other parents from having similar experiences.

Efforts to get a response from Troika Multilingual School proved unsuccessful, as calls to the contact number on its official website were not answered, while a text message sent to the same number had not been replied to as of the time of filing this report.

Reacting to the development, the Deputy Director of Public Affairs at the Lagos State Ministry of Education, Mr Kayode Sutton, said the appropriate department responsible for private schools would have commenced an investigation into the matter.

He added that the state government would not hesitate to sanction any school found to have acted contrary to the rules guiding its operations.

Disputes between parents and school authorities have increasingly attracted public attention in Lagos, with education stakeholders calling for stricter oversight, adherence to due process and stronger protection of children’s rights

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleTragedy as two men machete each other to death
Next Article ADC–Obidient alliance will defeat APC in 2027, Odigie-Oyegun says

Related Posts

Tension as 13 women, one child drown as wedding ceremony turns tragic

February 17, 2026

Couple lands in court over alleged N740m fraud

February 17, 2026

EFCC detains El-Rufai over N432bn as FG files charges over alleged phone interception

February 17, 2026

Tragedy as father chains son for 17 years,

February 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.