Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Suspect arrested over bomb threats to Lagos schools, smash ‘one-chance’ gang
Crime and Security

Suspect arrested over bomb threats to Lagos schools, smash ‘one-chance’ gang

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsJanuary 27, 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a man alleged to have sent bomb threat messages to two schools located in the Ikeja Government Reserved Area of the state.

The suspect, identified as Kosiso Chukwem-Nenyem, was said to have issued the threats last week, prompting security concerns within the affected schools and their environs.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Moshood Jimoh, disclosed this on Monday while briefing journalists at the command headquarters in Ikeja.

He said the Human Resources Manager and Chief Security Officer of the schools separately reported to the Ikeja Divisional Police Headquarters at about 4pm on January 20, 2026, after receiving threatening WhatsApp messages from the same phone number.

According to Jimoh, the messages alleged that explosive devices had been planted within the school premises, prompting the immediate deployment of operatives, including personnel from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit, Counter-Terrorism Unit and other tactical teams.

He said thorough searches were conducted in the schools, adding that no explosive device was discovered and the facilities were subsequently declared safe for use.

The police commissioner noted that investigations later led to the arrest of Chukwem-Nenyem, a resident of Okota, who was identified as the sender of the messages.

Jimoh explained that although the suspect claimed he lost his mobile phone in November 2025, police findings showed that calls from family members continued to come through the line during the period the threats were sent.

He added that the SIM card linked to the messages was recovered from the suspect.

“This was a lone act intended to instil fear and panic among school authorities and parents.

The suspect will be charged to court accordingly,” Jimoh said.
Meanwhile, the police command also announced the dismantling of a notorious ‘one-chance’ robbery syndicate operating in parts of Lagos.

The commissioner disclosed that 21 suspects had so far been arrested in connection with the gang’s activities, while 25 vehicles were recovered in January 2026 alone, including six operational vehicles allegedly used by the syndicate.

He added that eight additional suspects were recently apprehended, bringing the total number of arrests to 21, while four more vehicles were also recovered during ongoing operations.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticlePolice launch manhunt over attack on monarch
Next Article Nigeria runs feeding-bottle system’ — Lawyer faults Adeleke’s demand for N130bn LG funds

Related Posts

Six travellers, four ansaarudeen members, kidnapped as abductors demand ₦100m

February 18, 2026

Police disperse protesters with tear gas at N’Assembly

February 17, 2026

Viral Assault Claim: Lagos DSVA moves to contact TikToker

February 17, 2026

Three killed, homes destroyed as bandits strike Plateau community

February 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.