Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Uncategorized»Nine arrested in connection with monarch’s son’s killing
Uncategorized

Nine arrested in connection with monarch’s son’s killing

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsFebruary 19, 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Lagos State Police Command has taken nine individuals into custody over the murder of Prince Ademola Akinloye, son of the Ajiran of Agungi, Oba Tijani Akinloye.

It was gathered that the prince was shot and killed by gunmen along Chevron Drive, near Ebano Supermarket in the community.

It was also learnt on Wednesday that seven of the suspects were apprehended on Tuesday, February 10, by the command’s tactical squad, while two others had been arrested a week earlier in connection with the crime.

A police source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the arrests were made following intelligence gathering that linked the suspects to the killing of the monarch’s son.

“The nine suspects currently in custody were arrested over their alleged involvement in the killing of Prince Ademola Akinloye.

“The arrests were based on intelligence and an ongoing investigation into the violent incidents,” the source said.

The source also noted that some of the suspects were allegedly connected to the April 18, 2023, murder of Sheriff Salami in Moba community, Ajah.

Meanwhile, the Ojomu Royal Family of Ajiran on Wednesday released a statement affirming its active role in the investigation into the murders of both the prince and Salami.

Signed by Oba Tijani Adetunji Akinloye and Alhaji Yekini Olawale Bakare, the notice said the killings occurred in broad daylight and underscored the importance of holding the perpetrators accountable to ensure the safety of residents.

“The Ojomu Royal Family of Ajiran land wishes to inform the general public that it is very much involved in the ongoing investigation regarding the murders… This process aims to prevent murderers from roaming freely and to guarantee that subjects of our kingdom live without fear,” the statement read.

The family added that the investigation was also meant to provide closure and justice for the victims and their relatives.

The notice further warned the public about the alleged unauthorised sale of royal land.

Reacting to the development, community businessman Bashir Fakorede commended the police for reopening the case and securing the arrest of the nine suspects.

His statement, signed by media aide Ola Mohammed, described the renewed investigation as a positive step toward justice.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleNigerian woman dies hours after arriving UK for son’s graduation

Related Posts

Ondo Assembly Confirms Auditor-General Nominee for Local Governments

February 17, 2026

‘I missed investing in Flutterwave’ – Coscharis Boss laments

February 12, 2026

Gunmen abduct Catholic priest, 10 residents, kill three in Kaduna

February 7, 2026

Tragedy as suspected cultists kill youth leader, aide

February 7, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

By AdeboyeDecember 27, 20250

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025

Geh Geh University’: Tiktoker rakes in $30,000 from viral live session

August 22, 2025

Elderly man sparks online buzz after claiming to be Wizkid’s biological father

June 2, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Developed by Hexemty Technologies.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.