Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Nigerian bartender gunned down in South Africa bar attack
Crime and Security

Nigerian bartender gunned down in South Africa bar attack

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsOctober 13, 20252 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A Nigerian man identified only as Chimezie has been shot dead by unidentified gunmen at a bar in Durban, South Africa.

The incident occurred around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday while the victim, who worked as a bartender, was serving customers.

A source familiar with the matter told PUNCH Metro on Saturday that the attack was carried out by two unknown assailants who stormed the bar and headed straight for Chimezie.

The source said Chimezie had just resumed work that evening and was attending to customers when the men approached him.

According to the source, they spoke briefly before one of them pulled out a gun and shot him multiple times.

The attackers were said to have fled immediately as patrons scrambled for safety.

Chimezie was pronounced dead at the scene. The motive behind the killing remains unclear, though sources suggested it might be linked to cult-related activities.

The killing adds to a series of violent attacks involving Nigerians in South Africa, many of which have been associated with gang and drug-related conflicts.

A short video shared by Naija Confra, a platform known for exposing cult-related incidents, showed the deceased lying face down inside the bar.

The platform reported that Chimezie had recently relocated from Johannesburg to Durban, where he secured employment at the bar in the Phoenix area.

Confirming the incident, the President of the Nigerian Union in South Africa, Mr. Smart Nwobi, said the union was working with South African authorities to address the recurring violence.

Nwobi said, “Indeed, we are aware of the incident. We have been collaborating with South African law enforcement to curb gang-related attacks and killings.”

He added that although such incidents occur occasionally, most of them have been recorded in Durban.

When asked if any arrests had been made, he said none had been reported as of press time.

In July, PUNCH Metro reported that two Nigerians, identified as Austin and Ayo, were also shot dead by masked assailants in Durban, further highlighting the ongoing insecurity facing members of the Nigerian community in South Africa.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleJUST IN: Ex-PDP National Secretary dumps party, gives reasons
Next Article Bandits demand N20m ‘access fee’ from farmers

Related Posts

Osun court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

May 23, 2026

Three docked over alleged N11.4m Toyota Camry scam in Lagos

May 23, 2026

Nigerian jailed for using fraudulent applications to obtain fund meant for residents in US

May 23, 2026

Ondo Police arraign man over attempted murder In Owo

May 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

‘I didn’t fabricate illness’ — Blessing CEO bows to pressure, apologises

By AdeboyeApril 22, 20260

VIDEO: OAP weeps after discovering wife’s secret US marriage

April 20, 2026

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

December 27, 2025

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Powered by Hexemty Technologies

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.