Two members of a Nollywood production crew have been found dead under unclear circumstances at a filming location in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, prompting a full-scale investigation by the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department.
The victims, identified as Godstime Imeh, a lighting director and Chief Executive Officer of GeeTee Light, and Walter Odediran, a creative director popularly known in the industry as Director Carrinqton, were discovered lifeless inside a parked vehicle within the premises where a movie shoot was ongoing.
It was gathered that the incident occurred on Saturday, February 7, 2026.
The project was said to be directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate, Boma Akpore.
Sources familiar with the development disclosed that the deceased had arrived at the location early to set up lighting equipment for the production.
After completing their task mid-morning, they reportedly retired into Imeh’s tinted Nissan vehicle to await further instructions.
At about 11 a.m., a crew member delivered a breakfast of yam and omelette to them.
Witnesses said both men were seen reclining inside the car with the air conditioner running.
Concern arose when repeated calls to their mobile phones went unanswered around noon.
It was not until later in the evening, after filming activities had wound down, that colleagues checked the vehicle and found the two men unresponsive.
Speaking on the development, Kola Odediran, elder brother of Walter, described the loss as devastating.
He said his 36-year-old brother was the last-born of the family and shared a close professional and personal bond with Imeh.
According to him, the crew had earlier filmed a medical scene at Evercare Hospital before returning to the location.
He added that when the bodies were eventually discovered between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m., Walter was found sitting upright with foam around his mouth, while Imeh was slumped with traces of blood seen around his nose and mouth.
He alleged that the matter was initially reported at the Maroko Police Station but was later transferred to the SCID, Yaba, where it was recorded as a case of unnatural death requiring further investigation and autopsy.
Police sources confirmed that the producer, the food vendor, the individual who delivered the meal, and representatives of the hospital have been questioned in connection with the incident.
The food vendor was said to be in custody as investigations continue.
Detectives are said to be probing multiple angles, including possible food contamination, environmental hazards and mechanical factors.
Investigators are also examining reports of industrial generators positioned above the parking area.
Forensic steps, including autopsy and toxicology tests, mechanical inspection of the vehicle and a review of available CCTV footage, are ongoing to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Authorities maintained that no conclusion has been reached, noting that all possibilities remain open pending the outcome of laboratory analyses.
Meanwhile, the bereaved family has called for a thorough probe, describing the incident as a painful and shocking loss.
