Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»News»BREAKING: Dangote refinery reinstates axed engineers, issues fresh warning on conduct
News

BREAKING: Dangote refinery reinstates axed engineers, issues fresh warning on conduct

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsApril 30, 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Dangote Petroleum Refinery has approved the recall of engineers previously dismissed and redeployed across its subsidiaries, describing the move as a conditional reprieve after disciplinary measures tied to operational disruptions.

The decision, contained in an internal memo issued on Thursday, marks a strategic shift by management as it seeks to strike a balance between enforcing discipline and sustaining operations at Africa’s largest single-train refinery.

The engineers were initially affected in October 2025, when the company sanctioned and reassigned several technical staff following internal issues that threatened operational stability. Some of the affected personnel, reportedly numbering about 800, were redistributed to other units within the group, including operations outside Nigeria.

However, in a fresh directive signed by the Group Vice President, Oil and Gas, Devakumar Edwin, the company said the recall followed a comprehensive internal review, alongside appeals from stakeholders and the affected workers.

While the exact number of engineers reinstated was not disclosed, the firm said the earlier sanctions were necessary to protect its operations and uphold corporate standards, adding that the recall offers a second chance to the affected staff.

“This decision was not taken lightly. It reflects our belief in second chances, but also reinforces that professionalism, loyalty and strict adherence to organisational standards remain non-negotiable,” the memo stated.

According to the company, all previously redeployed engineers—whether they had accepted or declined earlier offers—will be invited for discussions and given the opportunity to resume duties at the refinery.

Sources indicated that the move effectively restores the refinery’s full technical workforce, as management intensifies efforts to stabilise and improve production capacity.

Despite the recall, the company issued a stern warning that any further misconduct would attract swift disciplinary action, reiterating its zero-tolerance policy for actions capable of undermining operations.

The refinery urged returning staff to demonstrate renewed commitment and professionalism, noting that operational excellence remains a top priority.

The facility, a multi-billion-dollar investment central to Nigeria’s drive to reduce reliance on imported petroleum products, has faced mounting pressure to maintain steady output and meet domestic demand.

Industry observers say the recall reflects a calculated move by management to consolidate expertise while reinforcing discipline in a critical sector of the nation’s energy landscape.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleBREAKING: S’Court verdict triggers emergency PDP summit as Makinde, Bala, BoT, NEC meet in Abuja
Next Article INEC updates ADC leadership, names Mark chairman, Aregbesola secretary after S’Court ruling

Related Posts

Ondo now fully aligned with APC, says Gov Aiyedatiwa, as Mimiko, Oke, others rally support for Tinubu

May 24, 2026

Praises for Funmi Bankole as over 100 schools storm FUTA for KIDSCON 2026

May 23, 2026

Deji’s Palace denies rumoured traditional curfew in Akure

May 23, 2026

Amotekun arrests ‘Fake mad men’ allegedly working for kidnappers in Ondo

May 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

‘I didn’t fabricate illness’ — Blessing CEO bows to pressure, apologises

By AdeboyeApril 22, 20260

VIDEO: OAP weeps after discovering wife’s secret US marriage

April 20, 2026

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

December 27, 2025

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Powered by Hexemty Technologies

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.