Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Two kidnappers jailed 25 years over abduction
Crime and Security

Two kidnappers jailed 25 years over abduction

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsMay 20, 20263 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

An Ekiti State High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti has sentenced two men to 25 years imprisonment each for kidnapping.

The convicts, Ibrahim Abubakar, 44, and Abdulahi Abubakar, 41, were found guilty of abducting a woman and collecting millions of naira as ransom from her family.

The defendants were arraigned alongside Usman Abubakar, 49, and Abdulazeez Alebiosu, 59, who reportedly died during the trial.

The four men had been dragged before Justice Lekan Ogunmoye on October 4, 2022, on charges bordering on conspiracy, murder and kidnapping.

According to the prosecution, the defendants conspired to kill one Taiwo Adesina on March 9, 2022, along the Federal Polytechnic Road in Ado Ekiti and later abducted Omoboade Adesina on April 22, 2022.

Testifying before the court, the victim narrated how her husband was allegedly attacked and shot by armed men at his farm.

She said her husband was rushed to the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

The woman, who identified herself as a staff member of the National Youth Service Corps in Ekiti State, told the court that she later returned to the farm with her son and brother-in-law after the burial rites.

According to her, armed men invaded the residence shortly after they arrived.

“My brother-in-law went to open the gate after hearing a knock but quickly ran back to inform us that gunmen were outside.

We locked ourselves indoors, but they jumped over the fence, forced their way in and dragged me away,” she recounted.

She added that the kidnappers took her to an unknown destination on a motorcycle and later demanded N10m ransom from her relatives.

The victim said her family eventually paid N3.25m before she regained freedom.

She further told the court that she was able to identify some of the kidnappers during a police parade because she clearly saw their faces while in captivity.

To establish its case, the prosecution counsel, Kunle-Shina Adeyemo, called seven witnesses and tendered several exhibits, including statements of the defendants and MTN call records.

The defendants, represented by their counsel, Chris Omokhafe, did not call any witness in their defence.

Delivering judgment, Justice Ogunmoye discharged and acquitted the second defendant, Usman Abubakar, stating that the victim did not specifically link him to the crime.

The judge also ruled that the prosecution failed to prove the allegations of conspiracy and murder against the defendants beyond reasonable doubt.

However, the court held that the prosecution successfully proved the charge of kidnapping against Ibrahim Abubakar and Abdulahi Abubakar.

Justice Ogunmoye subsequently sentenced the two convicts to 25 years imprisonment each.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleWike flags off health insurance enrollment for inmates; over 1,500 to benefit across FCT correctional facilities
Next Article Panic as gunmen abduct Abuja resident during midnight raid

Related Posts

Panic as gunmen abduct Abuja resident during midnight raid

May 20, 2026

Truck crushes two brothers to death in Ondo

May 20, 2026

Panic as two-storey building under construction collapses

May 20, 2026

Protest erupts in Oyo over abduction of pupils, teachers

May 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

‘I didn’t fabricate illness’ — Blessing CEO bows to pressure, apologises

By AdeboyeApril 22, 20260

VIDEO: OAP weeps after discovering wife’s secret US marriage

April 20, 2026

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

December 27, 2025

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Powered by Hexemty Technologies

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.