Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Slain Oyo teacher’s widow begs FG to recover husband’s body
Crime and Security

Slain Oyo teacher’s widow begs FG to recover husband’s body

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsMay 23, 2026Updated:May 23, 20262 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The widow of a teacher reportedly killed during the recent abduction attack on schools in Oyo State has appealed to the Federal Government and security agencies to recover her husband’s remains for burial.

Mrs Mary Oyedokun made the appeal following the killing of her husband, Michael Oyedokun, a teacher at Community High School, Ahoro-Esiele, who was abducted alongside other teachers and students during coordinated attacks in Oriire Local Government Area.

The attacks, which targeted Community High School, L.A. Primary School, Esiele, and Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota, reportedly led to the abduction of between 46 and 48 pupils, students and teachers.

Public outrage trailed the incident after a video allegedly showing the killing of the teacher surfaced online and circulated widely on social media.

The development drew condemnation from civil society groups, celebrities and concerned Nigerians, many of whom demanded urgent action to address worsening insecurity and ensure the rescue of the remaining victims.

In an emotional video said to have been obtained on Friday, the widow, who spoke in Yoruba, pleaded with authorities to help retrieve her husband’s body so he could be buried properly.

“I am begging the government to please recover the body of my husband. I want him to have a burial site for future reference,” she said tearfully.

Meanwhile, security agencies have continued rescue operations aimed at securing the freedom of other abducted victims still believed to be in captivity.

Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, had earlier assured residents that both kinetic and non-kinetic measures were being deployed to facilitate the safe return of the captives.

President Bola Tinubu also condemned the killing, describing the attack as barbaric, while assuring Nigerians that security operatives were intensifying efforts to rescue those abducted and bring the perpetrators to justice.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleAiyedatiwa Urges APC members to participate peacefully in presidential primary
Next Article How Amotekun rescued kidnapped couple in Ondo forest after overnight operation

Related Posts

Osun court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

May 23, 2026

Three docked over alleged N11.4m Toyota Camry scam in Lagos

May 23, 2026

Nigerian jailed for using fraudulent applications to obtain fund meant for residents in US

May 23, 2026

Ondo Police arraign man over attempted murder In Owo

May 23, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

‘I didn’t fabricate illness’ — Blessing CEO bows to pressure, apologises

By AdeboyeApril 22, 20260

VIDEO: OAP weeps after discovering wife’s secret US marriage

April 20, 2026

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

December 27, 2025

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Powered by Hexemty Technologies

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.