Operatives of the Sokoto State Police Command have arrested two suspected informants linked to bandit groups and recovered dozens of rustled livestock during separate security operations across the state. The command disclosed that the suspects, identified as Yahaya Kurma and Musa Lawali, were apprehended on May 15 in Kurya Village, Rabah Local Government Area. According to the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ahmad Rufa’i, the suspects were arrested by officers attached to the Unguwar Rogo Division in conjunction with the Anti-Kidnapping Unit following intelligence reports. Rufa’i stated that the duo had been under surveillance over allegations of supplying logistics and…
Author: Adeboye
The Zamfara State Police Command has recovered a 10-day-old baby allegedly stolen from the General Hospital in Kaura Namoda, leading to the arrest of a suspect linked to the incident. The command described the development as a major breakthrough in its investigation into alleged child trafficking and illegal baby factory activities in the state. The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Yazid Abubakar, disclosed this in a statement issued on Saturday. According to him, the case was first reported at the Kaura Namoda Police Division three days before the infant was eventually rescued. Abubakar explained that hospital personnel on duty at…
The Katsina State Police Command has arrested a 50-year-old man, Sagir Muntari, over an alleged attempt to engage in ritual-related activities at the General Hospital in Funtua, Katsina State. The command’s spokesperson, DSP Abubakar Sadiq, disclosed this in a statement issued to journalists on Saturday. According to the police, the suspect was apprehended after hospital staff noticed his suspicious movements within the facility and alerted security operatives. Sadiq explained that the incident occurred on May 9, 2026, around 4:20 p.m., when a hospital worker reportedly observed the man wandering around the premises under questionable circumstances. Following…
Residents of Ekwegbe community in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State have been thrown into mourning following the alleged killing of a woman and her son by a male relative. The tragic incident was said to have occurred on Friday, sparking fear and outrage within the community. A social media influencer, Chijinkem Ugwuanyi, disclosed the development in a Facebook post on Saturday, alleging that the suspect, identified simply as Nwa Jonah, attacked and killed his sister alongside her son. According to the post, the victims were allegedly murdered in a brutal manner, leaving residents devastated. Ugwuanyi further alleged that…
The All Progressives Congress has disqualified several House of Representatives aspirants from participating in its forthcoming National Assembly primaries ahead of the 2027 general elections. The party released the names of aspirants marked “not cleared” across Ondo, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kogi and Rivers states following the conclusion of its screening exercise. In a statement issued on Saturday by the APC National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka, the party said the exercise was conducted in accordance with its laid-down guidelines and procedures for aspirants seeking tickets for various federal constituencies. Among those affected in Ondo State were former lawmakers and political figures contesting…
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has confirmed the killing of a senior Islamic State commander, Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki, during a joint counterterrorism operation carried out by Nigerian and United States forces in the Lake Chad Basin. In a statement issued on Saturday, Tinubu said the overnight operation was executed by the Nigerian Armed Forces in collaboration with the United States military as part of ongoing efforts to combat terrorism and insurgency in the region. The President disclosed that the operation led to the elimination of Al-Manuki, also known as Abu-Mainok, alongside several of his top lieutenants during a coordinated strike on his…
A wedding celebration in Potiskum, Yobe State, turned tragic on Friday after a reckless motorcycle rider allegedly killed a young man during a bride conveyance procession. The victim, identified as Abubakar Haruna, reportedly died after being hit by a speeding motorcycle ridden by one of the youths participating in the celebration. Eyewitnesses said several young men escorting the bride rode through a busy area of the town in a dangerous manner, allegedly performing stunts and speeding without regard for pedestrians and other road users. The deceased’s brother, Muhammad Haruna, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, said…
Mixed reactions have continued to trail the reported elimination of a top global terrorist figure, Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, during a joint operation involving American and Nigerian forces. The development was announced by Donald Trump in a post on his Truth Social platform on Saturday morning. According to Trump, the operation was carried out on Friday night by American troops working alongside the Nigerian Armed Forces under his directive. He described al-Minuki as the second-in-command of the Islamic State globally, alleging that the terrorist leader had been responsible for violent attacks across Africa. The announcement has since sparked widespread reactions from political…
The management of Gombe State University has commenced an investigation following the discovery of a day-old baby boy inside one of the institution’s female hostels. The university confirmed the incident in a statement issued on Friday by its Public Relations Officer, Napthali Hadu, describing the development as disturbing and contrary to the institution’s regulations. According to the statement, the newborn was found on Friday within the female hostel premises, prompting the school authorities to immediately begin an inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the incident. Hadu assured members of the public that efforts were ongoing to identify those connected to the…
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons has secured the conviction and life imprisonment of two security guards for the repeated sexual abuse of a six-year-old girl in Abuja. The convicts, identified as James Sule, 30, and Adamu Yau, 25, were sentenced to life imprisonment without an option of fine by Justice S.M. Mayana of the Federal Capital Territory High Court 46 sitting in Apo, Abuja. According to a statement issued on Friday by NAPTIP’s Press and Public Relations Officer, Vincent Adekoye, the duo was prosecuted under the provisions of the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act. Adekoye…