Close Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
YFON
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Science
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Football
Subscribe
YFON
Home»Crime and Security»Police gun down suspected kidnap kingpin, recover AK-47, N2m inside forest
Crime and Security

Police gun down suspected kidnap kingpin, recover AK-47, N2m inside forest

AdeboyeBy AdeboyeNo CommentsMay 20, 20263 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command have killed a suspected kidnap kingpin during a gun battle in the Orile Ilugun Forest area along the Abeokuta-Ibadan Expressway.

The operation, carried out by the command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit, also led to the recovery of an AK-47 rifle loaded with 20 rounds of ammunition, N2m suspected to be ransom proceeds, and two mobile phones.

The spokesperson for the command, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, disclosed this in a statement issued on Tuesday.

According to him, the operation followed the rescue of a kidnapping victim who was abducted on May 14 at Nufats Fuel Station along the Abeokuta-Ibadan Expressway in Odeda Local Government Area of the state.

Babaseyi said the victim regained freedom unharmed on May 18 at about 8:30 p.m. after being released by the abductors.

He explained that operatives subsequently launched intensified intelligence-driven efforts aimed at tracking down members of the gang responsible for the abduction.

The police spokesman stated that the operatives stormed the kidnappers’ hideout in the forest at about 6 a.m. on May 19 following credible intelligence.

According to him, the suspects opened fire on sighting the police team, leading to a fierce exchange of gunfire.

“The operatives responded with superior tactical firepower, which led to the neutralisation of the gang leader, while other members of the syndicate escaped into the forest with gunshot injuries,” the statement read.

Babaseyi added that the recovered exhibits included an AK-47 rifle loaded with 20 rounds of 5.6mm ammunition, N2m believed to be ransom money, and two mobile phones.

He noted that the body of the slain suspect had been deposited at a morgue for autopsy, while efforts were ongoing to apprehend the fleeing gang members.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Bode Ojajuni, commended the operatives for their professionalism and bravery during the operation.

Ojajuni reiterated the command’s commitment to combating kidnapping and other violent crimes across the state.

The police also urged residents to remain vigilant and report suspicious activities through the command’s emergency channels.

The latest operation came barely days after the command neutralised two suspected kidnappers and arrested an alleged gang leader identified as Seriki Mohammed Abdullahi alongside another suspect, Mohammed Bello, during a separate intelligence-led operation.

Items recovered during the earlier raid included an AK-47 rifle, a single-barrel gun, N1.5m suspected to be ransom proceeds, mobile phones, and a black bag.

Police authorities said the earlier operation followed investigations into the abduction of three persons in the Ipojo area of Ijebu Ode on May 11, 2026.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

DON'T MISS ANY NEWS

Input your email to stay updated with the latest news, updates, and get news as it unfolds across the globe.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleUS police intensify probe into killing of Nigerian athlete days before MBA graduation
Next Article Family raises alarm as abducted University student remains missing after N500k ransom

Related Posts

Girlfriend learning how to drive crashes into building, three siblings killed

May 20, 2026

Family raises alarm as abducted University student remains missing after N500k ransom

May 20, 2026

US police intensify probe into killing of Nigerian athlete days before MBA graduation

May 20, 2026

How EFCC tracked ex-power minister, Mamman to Kaduna hideout after weeks of surveillance

May 20, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Sports
Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea appoint Rosenior as new head coach

By AdeboyeJanuary 6, 20260

BREAKING: Eagles name 23-man squad for must-win world cup qualifiers

October 3, 2025

JUST IN: Osimhen rejects €75m Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal move

June 8, 2025

Osimhen dances to Yinka Ayefele’s classic amidst family dispute

May 21, 2025

Awoniyi finally out of coma after abdominal surgery

May 15, 2025
Entertainment
Entertainment

‘I didn’t fabricate illness’ — Blessing CEO bows to pressure, apologises

By AdeboyeApril 22, 20260

VIDEO: OAP weeps after discovering wife’s secret US marriage

April 20, 2026

JUST IN: ‘This year will not see my end’ — Allwell Ademola’s final post goes viral after death [Video]

December 27, 2025

Iyabo Ojo becomes president of single mothers association

December 21, 2025

Alcohol consumption not sin – Popular gospel singer, Gaise Baba

August 26, 2025
Finance
Finance

Naira gains ground as CBN intervenes, FPI inflows increase

By AdeboyeJune 23, 20250

Naira weakens further to N1,610/$ in parallel market

May 8, 2025
Instagram Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Finance
© 2026 YemieFash Online News Platform. A subsidiary of YemieFash Media. Powered by Hexemty Technologies

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.